Prince George Folkfest Society (PGFFS) is searching for an Assistant Producer for the event “Heatwave – the Prince George Music Festival to Celebrate Canada’s 150“, an eight day music festival lasting from July 1 to July 8, 2017.
Throughout the week there will be lunchtime and evening concerts presented at Canada Games Plaza on a portable, engineered certified stage.
The Assistant Producer will work with the Festival Producer and Artistic Director on various tasks leading up to, during, and after the event to help ensure a successful production for the audience, artists, and funding agencies. This individual will also take a lead role on promoting the event through various channels and developing society policy documentation for future festivals.
Start date: May 15, 2017
Duties and Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to) assistance with:
- Building production schedule for the event;
- Sourcing backline for artists;
- Coordinating with technical production contractor;
- Interfacing with hospitality, transportation, and stage management volunteers;
- Posting on social media, attending community events, and writing press releases to promote the event;
- Building policy documentation for future events;
- Developing survey for attendees, post-festival.
- Between the ages of 15-30 (inclusive);
- Must have attended secondary or post-secondary school this year with intention of returning in the fall;
- Although not required, experience in music production and event planning would be considered an asset;
- Proficient in use of most social media platforms, google apps, and email communication;
- Organized and self-motivated.
A flexible approach to work hours is required to accommodate daytime, evening and weekend activities.
Please submit a CV and cover letter describing why you would be a successful candidate to fraserhayes(at)gmail.com with the subject line ‘Assistant Producer Application’.
Electronic submissions only please.
The Prince George Folkfest Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.